Made this for Thanksgiving and again tonight-- it was delicious both times.
- 1 recipe Pastry for Single-Crust Pie
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup half-and-half, light cream, or milk
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare and roll out Pastry for Single-Crust Pie.
2. For filling, in a medium bowl combine pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Add eggs. Beat lightly with a fork just until combined. Gradually add half-and-half; stir until combined.
3. Place the pastry-lined pie plate on the oven rack. Carefully pour filling into pastry shell. To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of the pie with foil. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake about 25 minutes more or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate within 2 hours.