image via www.cookinglight.com
I plan on making this tomorrow for our fish Friday (recipe courtesy of Cooking Light Magazine circa March 2004)-- maybe with some sweet potato fries and some arugula salad (my new favorite). I love when it's time to cook for a new season! And I LOVE salmon.
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup diced peeled mango
- 1/2 cup cubed peeled kiwifruit
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- To prepare salmon, combine first 4 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add fish to bag; seal. Marinate 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- While fish marinates, heat grill pan or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove fish from bag, discarding marinade. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add fish, and cook 5 minutes on each side or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- While fish cooks, prepare the relish. Combine mango and the remaining ingredients. Serve over fish.