Sunday, March 28, 2010

Gigi's pound cake

I've made this several times, but it turned out best this time (no chunks came out when I removed it from the pan). And I didn't even capture it on camera. But here's Gigi's delicious pound cake recipe:

3 cups sugar
2 sticks butter softened
4 eggs
3 cups four
1/3 tsp. baking soda
pinch salt
1 cup buttermilk (I used the powdered kind- Saco brand- a white and yellow container with a red top-- more practical if you hardly use buttermilk)
1 tsp almond extract
1 tsp lemon juice


Beat all ingredients together as you add them until well blended. Grease and flour pan well. Bake at 350 for 55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean (I baked it more like 75 minutes because our oven takes longer).

I used this glaze recipe to drizzle over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment