Monday, July 25, 2011

vegan gluten-free zucchini bread

This was my first attempt with baking gluten and dairy-free (I did try a boxed brownie mix that proved to be chewy and delicious), but it turned out super and made my house smell HEAVENLY (And I'm pretty sure I'd feel the same way even if I weren't on this restricted diet right now). It's a great moist consistency and just the right sweetness. I was even inspired to share with my family. Gail gobbled up her thick slice like it was a bowl of marshmallows. Child got the sweet-tooth. Jack, though at first dissuaded by "zucchini" in the name, eventually tried and asked for more. And I didn't tell Mike it was made for me. Did he notice? Nope.

I wanted to use up some of the zucchini that is taking over our garden. I'm thinking raisins would also have made a good addition (I definitely added the walnuts). And I modified the recipe a bit to eliminate the refined sugar-- I substituted raw cane sugar and some honey (just a few good squirts). I went crazy with the cinnamon 'cause I'ma cinnamon-loving gal. Here's the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment