Monday, April 27, 2009

Weekly Menu- 4/27-5/03- Marathon week!

This is the week leading up to my marathon. I have some heavy-duty carbs in store. Not really, but I stuck in extra fruits and veggies and replaced some proteins with carbs later in the week. On Sunday, I juiced a bunch of carrots, celery, tomatoes and apples for the week. I've done some research on what's best to eat the week before the run. I hope this plan passes muster come Sunday.

Monday-- Breakfast- Shredded wheat with skim milk, Cantaloupe
Lunch- Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on homemade oatmeal bread, blackberries, baked sweet potatoes

Dinner-- Grilled-out hamburgers, hotdogs and veggie burgers (I had the latter two), cantloupe, corn on the cob, grapes

Bedtime snack-- a big strawberry, banana, peach, mango, pineapple, blackberry orange juice smoothie-- it may not sound like all of those things would go together, but trust me. SOOOOO good.


Tuesday-- breakfast- oatmeal with raisins, OJ
dinner- tuna casserole, green beans, cornbread, cranberries

Wednesday-- dinner- homemade pizzas with veggies, fruit

Thursday-- dinner- spaghetti, sauce with veggies, garlic bread, baked apples

Friday- Sunday-- we'll be in Maryland

1 comment: