Monday, May 11, 2009

Experimenting=(sometimes) yummy

I keep trying to experiment with different recipes-- though it usually happens on its own because I don't have all of the ingredients to certain recipes, and I'm not a fan of measuring. Anyway, I made this fish the other night (substituted for what I was planning on making Friday night), and it was delicious. Of course, it was pretty simple, so I couldn't go too terribly wrong.


In a large bowl, I mixed some soy sauce (about 3 TBSP), some Tabasco sauce (about the same) and a dash of white cooking wine all together. I put the fish fillets (4 in all) one at a time into the mix, coating them well. Meanwhile, I heated some olive oil over med. high in a skillet then added the fish, cooking about 3-4 minutes on each side. I set the fish aside and added some onions to the skillet (though I maybe should have added them with the fish). Once they were translucent, I added a can of diced tomatoes, some garlic powder, salt and pepper and let everything cook a little longer. Serve the sauce over the fish. Voila.

Served with baked sweet potatoes, green beans and whole wheat rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment