Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Indian, Indonesian & caramalized garlic chicken


Another dinner courtesy of Saving Dinner-- Caramalized garlic chicken, which we had with asparagus, roasted potatoes and salad. The chicken was very flavorful. And it got rave reviews from Mike. Really simple.

3 TBSP olive oil
6 garlic cloves, minced
6 chicken breasts
6 tsps brown sugar

Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
Line shallow raosting pan with foil, oil, chicken
in small pan, heat oil, add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until soft-- do not let garlic brown. Remove from heat, add brown sugar. Cover shicken with garlic mixture. Cook for 10-15 minutes until juices run clear. Done.
*****

I've been making some things in the crock pot for us to have for lunch throughout the week, along with any leftovers. Yesterday, I made Crock Pot Chicken Indonesian from Saving Dinner. the recipe said to mix the non-chicken ingredients first, but I just threw everything into the crock pot and stirred it after a half hour or so.

1 TBSP soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsps grated gingerroot
1 1/2 tsps sesame oil
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
6 skinless chicken thighs (I just used the chicken I had leftover)
1/3 cup peanut butter

cook on low for 6-7 hours

*****


Eating at Taste of India frequently during college got me into Indian food... that and the fact that Mike likes it probably more than I, which seems odd to me, considering he usually likes blander foods. Nevertheless, last night, I made some curried tofu with onions. And then I opened up a bag of Trader Joe's Byrani Rice (an Indian dish with peas, red bell peppers, apples and raisins) and a box of Punjab egglplant. I've tried a bunch of their other Indian sides before, and this one was pretty good, but a little too eggplanty for me. The folks at Trader Joe's enticed me to buy a box last week when they were giving away samples. I've actually tried to be adventuresome and create some other Indian dishes from scratch, like raita and punjab choley, but give me a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment