Saturday, January 24, 2009

Our "Fish" Friday & Pesto Pizza

We usually have fish (or seafood) on Fridays, so yesterday, I attempted to make the bag of scallops, which have been in our freezer for a couple of months. I've never had them before, so I wasn't expecting their texture, and I wasn't a fan. I whipped out the just-in-case reserve of Gordon's fish sticks for Jack and I and Mike thought the scallops were deliciousm which we had alongside peas, potato wedges and yeast rolls.


Tonight, we had salad and pesto pizza topped with lowfat mozzarella cheese, red peppers, onions and spinach and asiago cheese chicken sausage. Like Kaethe, I've been expertly sneaking in extra veggies when I can, so I hid a half cup of spinach under the sauce. No one was the wiser.

We tried another sweetbread loaf for dessert, but I couldn't even taste the banana in our Banana Chocolate Chip Bread. I put in the mini morsels this time, like it called for, but I recommend the regular. And for some reason, the loaf turned out all knotty, and therefore, the crust was too thick and crunchy.

Banana Chocolate Chip Bread (1 1/2 lb loaf, basic)

1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup banana, mashed (about 1 med. sized banana)
1 egg
2 TBSP margarine or butter
3 cups bread flour
2 TBSP brown sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp active dry yeast or bread machine yeast
1/3 cup miniature chocolate chip morsels

By the way, all of these bread recipes are from The Complete Guide to Bread Machine Baking, which my Aunt Jean gave me along with our bread machine.
Show all

2 comments:

  1. so i tried this banana choc chip bread b/c it looked so good but i think i did something wrong. when do you add the chips? i added mine when it beeps (when i usually would add raisins or other dried fruit) but then the chips all melted and the bread was brown colored!! the kids still liked it but i think i would prefer the chips whole....any suggestions?! thanks, susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We added the chocolate chips along with tall of the other ingredients, before even starting the cycle. That's strange that they melted like that just because you added them later. The ones in our loaf were hot and gooey when it was done, but they kept their shape. Better luck next time!

    ReplyDelete