Monday, February 9, 2009

Betty Crocker Weekend

We used two classic Betty Crocker recipes yesterday. I'm always in search of the best homemade mac-and-cheese recipe and convinced my husband to try the one in the classic red cookbook after church yesterday. He used whole wheat pasta, as usual, and added frozen peas to Brinnly's dismay. An overall good dish.

I also have a Betty Crocker Crock-Pot cookbook which I use often. I varied her Beef Stew recipe to fit the status of my pantry and threw in 1 lb. stew meat, carrots, celery, onion, beef broth, diced tomatoes in juice, thyme, salt/pepper, and bay leaves. (No real measurements for any of that) I skipped the dumpling step and instead made a pot of rice to serve with it, especially since my girls have been messier than usual with soup lately. Delish. We're all looking forward to the leftovers tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work on the food blog! Looks like you've got some good recipes. I'll be sure to check back often.

    I hope your pregnancy is going well.

    ReplyDelete